Chicken Fajitas + Guacamole Recipe
I know this is a simple dish but this is honestly one of my favorites and it's one that I will pay WAY TOO MUCH for when I go out to eat. Here's a simple and cheap solution to getting your favorite Mexican dish right at home!
- 2 medium avocados
- 1/2 small tiny baby onion
- 1 vine tomato
- 1/2 lime
- Seasonings: garlic salt, pepper, crushed red pepper
Yield: ~1 cereal bowl of guacamole
- slice avocados in half, squeezing contents of the avocado into a small bowl (make sure to remove the giant seed inside
- mash avocado with a fork until desired consistency is reached
- dice tomato and add to mashed avocado
- mine onion into small pieces and add to mixture
- squeeze 1/2 lime juice into mixture
- season with garlic salt, pepper and crushed red pepper.
- MASH and ENJOY
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 sweet onion
- 2 small red potatoes or 1 medium sweet potato
- 1lb organic chicken breast
- Spices: pepper, seasoning salt, garlic powder, minced garlic, crushed red pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lime
Yield: ~6 tacos
- coat skillet with 1tbs of olive oil and place on medium heat
- cube the potatoes and slice the onion into large pieces and place in skillet
- season mixture with salt, pepper and 1tbs of minced garlic
- slice peppers into strips and add to mixture
- squeeze 1/2 lime juice into onions, peppers and potatoes
- slice chicken into small strips. scoop veggies to one side of skillet, add a touch of olive oil to empty side and add chicken to skillet
- stir occasionally until chicken is fully cooked
- heat up tortillas for about 15 seconds in microwave
- spread sour scream on tortilla and then add fajitas mixture.
- Top with cheese, hot sauce, guacamole and enjoy!
Be sure to watch my recipe video below!